From my sis

Yes it's a bit last minute, but I was wondering if any of you would like to write something for my blog for tomorrow. If you don't know, I'm doing the blogathon (http://www.blogathon.org) for RAINN (www.rainn.org) tomorrow. Starting at 6am, I'm updating every 30 minutes for 24 hours. It's to support RAINN and get word out too. See, general society doesn't talk too much about rape and abuse, so men and women who've been raped or abused have trouble talking about it, even reporting it. I'm writing my blog for that reason; to be a voice out there.
If you want, write a little bit about me; how you found out about the rape, how it affected you, etc etc. Or you can write about who I am to you today, or...well, whatever pleases you (look at my blog for examples)! And I do my best to not put any names out except mine for protection and whatnot. If you want names in it, change the names, and the names can be simple (Bob) to outrageous (The Black Lagoon Monster or Whatserface).
It isn't necessary, of course. I'm just asking that if you'd like and have free time tomorrow, write some things and send it to me via this email.
If you don't want to, than I ask that you donate (http://www.blogathon.org/pledge.php?blogid=178 [you have to sign up,but it's quick and worth it!], promote my blog on facebook or through email (http://aixela-twentynothing.blogspot.com/), or donate directly to RAINN through their website.
Thank you thank you and thank you a thousand times over.
--
Thank you,
Alexia Stout

0 comments: