the inner organs of my new year's goals














If I had known that Body Worlds would be the perfect New Year’s Eve activity, I would have recommended it to all of you beforehand. But I didn’t know. You can still go before they pack it up on January 11th.

The show was a perfect ring-in-another-january thing to do, mainly because it tweaked my age-old, lose-some-weight New Year’s goal cliché. The Body Worlds exhibit displayed the inner workings of the human body in a way I had never seen. And when I saw how intricate and intertwined the body’s systems really are, I wanted to take care of my own like never before.

Yesterday, I ate cucumbers and exercised. I could imagine the way my stomach needed to break down food; the thought made me chew more thoroughly. While I moved around, I could vividly picture my heart and the millions of little capillaries pumping blood all around inside of me. Even now, the quick, coordinated movements of my typing fingers astound me.

Body Worlds inspired me to take better care of this body of mine. Whoever said that knowledge is power must have been good at keeping their New Year’s resolutions.




5 comments:

eden said...

so amazing, isn't it??? i'm so glad you two went and that you enjoyed it. i was just telling another friend about it's awesomeness today.

wow!

Mr. Christopher said...

My new year's resolution: To not look like such a goob.

Deja said...

I loved it, TOO! It rocked my world, my body world.

Happy luck and pleasure on your resolution.

Bryson and Tara said...

I've heard great things about it! I don't think I'll be able to make it...hopefully I can find another way to help me have a desire to get in shape...

Ali said...

After Amy went to see BodyWorlds, she came home to hang out with the fam. She burped and declared it a miracle. That's what it'll do to ya.