Listen to my diseases

Today I understood why old people talk about their ailments. I spent an hour at the doctor's, and I want to tell everyone about it. I imagine if I went to the doctor once a month, and took nine different meds, I wouldn't be able to think of anything else.

I've had some funky looking bumps on my elbows for a few weeks.
I sprayed it with some different chemicals in the house: tinactin, formula 409, windex, etc. None of my man remedies worked. Then I saw an ad in the paper about psoriatic arthritis, and decided to go to the doc.

I told the doc that I think I have psoriatic arthritis. He said, yep, looks like it. Then he charged me ten bucks.

Hurray for chronic inflammatory diseases! My wife has one too, but a different one. This means when we have kids, they will not only be albinos, but chronically inflammed albinos. They'll look like swollen zit babies.

4 comments:

kathy w. said...

Oh no! Not swollen zit babies! Perhaps we should adopt. Our children will be grateful they have such cool parents, but that they lack our genes.

Ali said...

Oh man --- the honesty KILLS me. You are hilarious.

Megan said...

Ryan had weird bumps on his elbows too! They were way itchy like a rash though and the doctor said it was poison oak! It wasn't though. We still don't know what it was. Was yours itchy?

P.S. I'm excited to see your kids when you have em! Inflamed zit babies or not.

Mr. Christopher said...

Nope, my bumps were not itchy. I didn't even know they were there until Kathy noticed them. I don't know if that means anything though.

I've also had tennis elbow and plantar faciitis, which is tennis heel. Those were also clues to me having arthritis.

I took some tests today, so it's still not definitive if that's what I have. I'll keep you posted.